St Andrews Cathedral
- Outside the City
Iconic, picturesque, atmospheric and steeped in heritage, the remains of this awe-inspiring church are a must-visit for all history buffs.
Explore the remains of Scotland’s largest and most magnificent medieval church. Even in its ruinous state, the cathedral remains a prominent landmark highly visible from the sea.
- Find out how the cathedral dominated Scottish religion until 1560, as headquarters of the medieval Scottish Church
- Marvel at its scale – the cathedral was the seat of Scotland’s leading bishops (and, from 1472, archbishops)
- Learn about the site used for worship since at least the 700s, when St Andrew’s relics are said to have been brought here
- Get up close to Scotland’s most complete and imposing enclosure walls, encircling the cathedral precinct
- View early and later medieval sculpture and other relics found on the site in the cathedral museum
- Take our fun fact-finding quiz while exploring the cathedral. Available on site
- Gift Shop
- History & Heritage